Being an entrepreneur ain't easy. Whether you've just started out in business or you've got some skin in the game, there will always be moments that make you question yourself. Am I doing the right thing? Am I doing enough? Is all this worth it? Should I throw in the towel? It's natural to have these thoughts, but instead of letting it get you down, keep pushing and have a look at 25 of my favourite quotes to keep you motivated during those rough times!
. . .
- "Today is bad, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow ill be sunshine." - Jack Ma, CEO of Alibaba.
- "People say you have to have a lot of passion for what you’re doing and it’s totally true. And the reason is because it’s so hard that if you don’t, any rational person would give up." - Steve Jobs, Co-founder of Apple.
- "It's better to do something imperfectly than nothing perfectly". - Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin.
- " I don’t ever give up. I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.” - Elon Musk, Founder of Tesla, SpaceX and Solar City.
- "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now." - Chinese proverb.
- “Never give in–never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” - Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister.
- “There’s lots of bad reasons to start a company. But there’s only one good, legitimate reason, and I think you know what it is: it’s to change the world.” - Phil Libin, CEO of Evernote.
- "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company.
- "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover." Mark Twain, author.
- "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein, physicist.
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” - Steve Jobs, Co-founder of Apple.
- "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky, NHL Hall of Famer.
- “It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.” - Babe Ruth, Major League Baseball Hall of Famer.
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game's winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that's why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan, NBA Hall of Famer.
- "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try." Beverly Sills, opera singer.
- “If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” - Martin Luther King, Jr, Civil Rights Movement Leader.
- "I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work." – Thomas Edison, inventor.
- “The only problem we really have is we think we’re not supposed to have problems! Problems call us to higher level. Face them and solve them now!” – Tony Robbins, Motivational Speaker.
- "Success is how high you bounce after you hit bottom." – General George Patton.
- “I’m not afraid of dying, I’m afraid of not trying.” – Jay Z, musician.
- "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve." – Dr. Napoleon Hill, author of Think and Grow Rich.
- “To any entrepreneur: if you want to do it, do it now. If you don’t, you’re going to regret it.” - Catherine Cook, co-founder of MyYearbook.
- "Stop focusing on dumb shit. Don’t be afraid to break things. Don’t be romantic. Don’t take the time to breathe. Don’t aim for perfect. And whatever you do, keep moving. Reread this a few times . . ." - Gary Vaynerchuk, Founder of Vayner Media
"Most of you say you want to be successful, but you don’t want it bad, you just kinda want it. You don’t want it badder than you wanna party. You don’t want it as much as you want to be cool. Most of you don’t want success, as much as you want to sleep!" - Eric Thomas, Motivational Speaker
"It always seems impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela
. . .